“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.”
― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
So far my favorite part of our Learning Journey was going to The Orchard House where Louisa May Alcott wrote her famous book Little Women in the 1800's. Before we left for Boston we watched the 2019 movie in class. Alcott was a suffragette and one of the first successful female author in the 19th century. She based her books off of her life growing up in Concord with a kind hearted mother and three sisters. One of her sisters, May, was an artist and had sketches that were preserved all over the walls of her room. I noticed May sketched many people on the walls from young to old, but my favorite thing she created was a majestic owl painted above the fireplace in Louisa’s room. It was amazing to visit the place where Alcott wrote such an impactful book.
Eden Fisher
No comments:
Post a Comment